Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the yellow brick road. . .

If you read my last blog, you know that I'm a little concerned about looking/finding a job soon. I haven't had to look for a job since I moved here in 1993. I was talking to one of the UNC gals and she said something that will hopefully stick with me for the rest of my life. It was that good!

She told me that whenever she gets worried about something, that a little song goes off inside her head. It goes something like this. . . "if I only had a brain!" Now think about that one. . if I only had a brain then I could figure my way out of this! If I only had a brain. . .I'd know exactly what needs to be done. But. . .(and this is huge!) look what God's word has to say about our thoughts compared to His. Isa 55:8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts and My ways are not your ways declares the Lord. His way of thinking if so unfathomable!! So. . . whose thoughts are better, His or mine? Pretty good, huh?

Then she told me to stop worrying about the future. Matt.6:34, Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Then she told me about the yellow brick road. . . this is my favorite part! The goal for all of them in the Wizard of Oz was to get to the Emerald city to see the great "Oz". The only way that they could get there was by following the yellow brick road. one brick at a time. Our life is like that. Matthew tells us to live our lives one day at a time, ie: one yellow brick at a time.

So. . .God only requres me to take this journey one yellow brick at a time. . .one day at a time. I don't have to "fix" this and I don't have to "figure" out His plan for me. It's all in His hands and He will reveal what I need to know one step at a time. It's so much easier living life "one yellow brick" at a time. What yellow brick are you on today? What one thing has God placed in front of you today to accomplish? That's all that He requires of you for today. Tomorrow, He'll let you know that next step on your journey with Him.

Now. . .the only problem that I see with this blog, is that once you put that song. ". . .if I only had a brain" in there, you'll be humming it for the rest of the day, so I apologize ahead of time. Gotta go, my yellow brick is blogging you today and finishing up my Beth Moore bible study this a.m.

Hope you take the opportunity to vote today, if you haven't already. Our soldiers have died in other countries, so that people like us would have the freedom to vote for their leaders. Besides, Krispy Creme doughnuts, Starbucks coffee, Ben and Jerry's, and whole lot of other places are giving away free stuff if you show them your, "I voted" sticker. GO VOTE!!

No comments: