Hey Gang,
I'm finally back to normal today. Yesterday was a little tiring, what with all the tutoring and church stuff in the evening, but I survived! Today, I'm feeling like my old self again. I don't really have any plans for today except playing catch up with all the stuff I haven't been able to do the past few days.
One of my goals for today is to write a note to all of my customers letting them know that I'm finished with chemo and that I'm ready to go back to work. I haven't heard anything from the school system yet, and I'm a little concerned since I heard this a.m. on the news that the school system is considering a hiring freeze. I know that it's all in God's hands, so. . .my goal right now is to possibly clean one house a day in the a.m. and my friend, Sherry G. told me that they're hiring transportation people to take the kids to after school programs. They pay $10 and hour and you don't have to have a CLD license either. It's just a thought. I have to have an income soon. I WILL receive my full Social Security benefits on Dec. 4th, so that helps. It's not much, but it's something. I also have to start paying rent again, as soon as possible. If I sound a little overwhelmed, it's because I am. My life has been put on hold for the past 5 months and now all of a sudden, I'm supposed to be able to jump right back in, and I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I think my energy level will be ok, I just need to start out slow and work up to working all day. We all know it will all work out, it always does.
Can you believe it time for the holidays already? Where has this year gone? I'm thinking that I might pull out the Christmas stuff tomorrow. It's all on my screened in back porch and it sounds like it's going to be cold this weekend, so better to pull it out when it's 50 degrees instead of 40 degrees. The kids usually come over on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we put everything up, but since I have no life right now and they are so busy, I'm thinking I might just do it myself. I don't think they'll mind. It WILL be fun to pull out all the Christmas music and all the Christmas DVD's. Maybe it will lift my spirits a little bit. Hope you all enjoy getting together with you families this Thanksgiving. I'm spending the day with the kids. I still don't know any details, but I know they're expecting me and that's all that I need to know right now.
I have so much to be thankful for. As you all know this has been a very hard year, to say the least, but I'm so blessed in so many ways. The kids all have jobs that are secure, I feel like my old self, and my chemo days are over. Need I say more!! My life will become normal and God will continue to meet my needs on a daily basis. He will lead me to a new job.
Well, I need to get the letters out to my customers today, so more another time. Love to ya' all!
Cheryl (Aunt) Sharon
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment