Thursday, November 6, 2008

and the race begins. . .

I saw my daughters today and they asked me why I don't blog more often? I thought they were kidding! I blog usually at least once a week, most people are doing well to blog 2 times in a month! They DID suggest though, that I let you know that I'm now officially job hunting. I received a letter from Medicaid that said that they were notified that my SSI disability was being reviewed and possibly suspended. I'm not really sure why that is. Nothing has changed on my end. I still have one more treatment next Friday and then the CT scan scheduled for Dec. 5th., but I can't go without any income coming in next month, so . . .I need to find a job.

I'm filling out an application to work with the Wake County Public school system. I've always enjoyed working with kids and I know that God has given me the gift of teaching them. I can teach in terms that can make it understandable for them. I'm applying for a teacher's aide position or substituting. We'll see what happens with that.

I applied at Walmart and Target today because I have the flexibility right now of working whatever hours they have available. I'm going tomorrow to apply at New York and Company,( I love their clothes and I know that their marketing is trying to catch the "older women", like myself.)

If you know of any jobs out there that you think might interest me, let me know. I'm not really a desk type person. I like doing hands on kind of work. I like moving around while working, well,
you get the picture.

I haven't sensed God moving me in any particular direction at this point. I figure I'll apply at places and allow God to close the doors of the ones that aren't part of His plan.

I'm not trying to get ahead of God, but I need to be proactive, not reactive. I'm thinking that since Dr. Soper told me that I could go back to cleaning homes, that I might need to go back and pick up a few homes until I find something that works for me in the job market.

Anyone out there have different ideas about how I should be going about this? I'm open to suggestions. One person emailed me today and asked me if I thought about writing curriculum for Lifeway. I emailed her back and told her that I didn't know what she meant. I'll let you know what she tells me.

Well . . .I have Christmas cantata practice tonight at 7 and I need to eat before I go so. . .that's all for now. . .
Love,
Cheryl
Oh. . .
What do you think of my new design?? I'm loving it!! Feel free to suggest music that I can add and by all means enjoy my selections while you''re visiting. Katie and Shannon helped me set it up today. Thanks girls!! As you can see girls, I'm not too computer illiterate. I WAS able to come home and add to my playlist. Love ya'

No comments: