This will not be a long blog this time, I promise. It's just an update on how I'm doing. I think the accumulative affects of chemo are beginning to hit finally, or maybe I'm just "whiny", who knows? I just know that my eyes feel like they do when I'm suffering from allergies. They feel dry and itchy. I don't have a cold but my nose is definitely drippy, too. I DID notice that my vision is getting more blurry with each passing week. It's hard for me to read my Bible right now, no matter what time of day it is. Thank goodness for the Internet. I can go to Christianity.com and pull up my own bible study page and enlarge the text for whatever I need it to be for that day. We're only up to size 16 so it's all good. I noticed yesterday that I only have about 15 eye lashes left so that might explain why my eyes feel the way that they do. It's not too bad, just irritating at times. I only have one more treatment on Friday, (GO ME!), and I've heard that the eye lashes are the first hair to grow back, so I'll make it.
Another complaint that I have is the headaches that I've been having. It's hard to know if its the chemo drugs or if it's just the weather. Don't worry, I talked to my oncologist at our last visit and she said that they could write a prescription for me, if I thought I needed it, but you know me, I'm not taking anything more than I have to. As long as over-the-counter stuff works, I'm leaving things well enough alone! I'm prone to migraines depending on the barometric pressure, so again, who knows? I'm having migraines about every 2-3 days. Some last just a couple of hours, like today, but some last 4-6 hrs. Those days are a little bit harder to handle. Today it only took 3 Extra-strength Excedrin and 2 hrs. and it's gone finally. It also might be the combination of allergies, chemo, and my eyes. I've tried reading less and that does seem to help. Like I said at the beginning, though, I could just finally be becoming ,"whiny". I suppose it was bound to happen eventually.
I think I'm going to go lie down for a little bit. The headache this a.m. has made me a little tired today and maybe I just need to rest. I'll try and be a little less whiny on my next blog. Thanks for your understanding and patience. Love ya' all. What a great support system you've all been!! You truly know the meaning of friendship.
Cheryl
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment