It's very cold outside, so they say. I went out and fed the cats this a.m. but since then I've laid on the sleeper sofa, barely able to move. It's getting better. I just climbed out of the shower and climbed into my Dad's Notre Dame sweatshirt. When I Dad died in January, we all got to choose something of his to keep. I chose this sweatshirt and his Skin Bracer aftershave. On days when I'm struggling, I put it on and just remember how good he smelled. I'll stay snuggled up in the memories all day.
My body doesn't hurt as much as yesterday, I'm just exhausted today!! God has been so good to me throughout all of this. Other people have to keep working and I can honestly say that there's no way that I could have done my job the week following chemo treatments. My heart goes out to them! The body at New Hope have taken such good care of me, but now it's time for me to stand on my own two feet and get on with my life. I heard from Target, and they're not hiring. I haven't heard from anyone else yet. Hopefully the school thing will work out.
Well, my tummy is growling and I think I have just enough energy to warm up a TV dinner.
More another time
Cheryl (Aunt) Sharon
I will leave you with one funny story. Last week I was sitting on the couch watching TV and I didn't have a hat on or my wig. I was rubbing the top of my head when I discovered that there was a snarl in my hair. Now, I only have about 10-15 strands of hair left so how does something like this happen? I've had baby fine, stick straight hair my whole life, and I honestly can't remember when I've had a snarl, but somehow 3 strands of hair had managed to get snarled. I just started laughing and ended up pulling out all three strands. There was nothing else I could do. They would not unknot themselves. So. . .now I guess I'm down to 7-12 strands of hair. It's par for the course! Have a great day!



No comments:
Post a Comment