I wrote yesterday about my cousin, Gene being killed in an auto accident. The story just gets sadder and sadder. It appears he was trying to steal a catalytic converter out of one of the cars on the lot. A policeman tried to stop him from entering his truck, but he was able to shift it into gear. He drugged the policeman, the policeman shot at him and he died instantly at the scene. How tragic!! Now because of his stupidity, his sister has to fly back to Elkhart, do a memorial service Saturday for her mom, and on top of all of that she has to bury her brother as well. I'm so sorry, Teresa! Please pray for strength for her. I don't think her husband is coming with her, he's staying behind with their twin daughters. Uncle Dave is not healthy enough to travel, so he'll be staying put, as well. The article said that Gene had 12(unbelievable) other run ins with the law. How does something like this happen? It worse than a soap opera!! I need to change the direction of this blog, or I'll just start crying. . .what a waste!
Today I'm back to normal, just tired. Not tired from the treatment, tired from 2 very naughty cats who reside here with me. For some reason their internal alarm clock keeps going off at 4 a.m. Buttons, the oldest one starts it. He climbs up onto the ledge of the bathtub in my master bath, and bawls his head off until I get up and turn on the spout for his a.m. drink. I could choke him somedays!! Once he's up, then Skittles starts in. He wants me to get up, open the back porch door to the screened in porch area, open the window in my room, so he can climb through to the screened in back porch, and then they'll both settle down and go back to sleep. Meanwhile, after doing all of that, I'm wide awake and I've tried going back to sleep but by 5:45a.m., I'm up again because then the outdoor cats are awake and they want THEIR breakfast. There has to be a better way! So. . .here it is 8a.m. and I'm already for a morning nap. I've emailed everybody who emailed me last night, and I've worked on some paperwork, and now I'm getting sleepy.
I'm excited about church tonight. Everything starts over. Dinners, GA's, etc. I'm so grateful to God that I'm feeling like my old self enough that I haven't had to miss anything. I'm scheduled to help with GA's this year and I'm hoping that they'll let me plan the fall sleepover. What's GA's without a sleepover? It just wouldn't be the same. Shelly Bell is supposed to be coming back too. I just need to schedule the sleepover around my treatments. Although to be honest, Fridays aren't ever really a problem. Even if I had a treatment on that Friday, I'd be ok. If I know them, though, they'll try to make me take it easy, but I'm sure we can find some middle ground. Once I can show them that I'm really feeling ok, it will be fine.
Well before I nod off here at the computer, I should probably go get some breakfast. Hey, Shannon could you download those pictures to my blog site? I can't wait to share them. Thanks, my little Shannie-banannie. Love ya. . .
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment