Hey Gang,
Today is supposed to be my "hard" day but it's really not too bad. Shannon just called and asked if I could ride out with her to look at a car that she might buy. She applied for the new manager position with Barnes and Noble and she got it! Congrats, Shannon. Since it's quite a bit more money than she's used to, she wants to get a better car. Personally, I love her car. It's a small car,(which I miss having). I think she's looking at a CRV. Nick and her went out looking last night while Katie was working, but I guess they ran out of time to go see this one.
I'm taking my meds this time and what a difference in how I'm feeling. The Ativan does make me sleepy, but at least my body doesn't hurt as much as the last time. I'm a little more nauseous this time too, but the pill works immediately.
I have a prayer concern to share with you. My Aunt Linda died over this past weekend. She lived with my Uncle Dave in Texas. I haven't seen her since before I was married, but Betty called this a.m. to tell me that their son was killed in a car accident. Uncle Dave will not only be dealing with the grief of Linda but now his last son, Gene. Gene was divorced and has 2 sons. He has a girlfriend that's hurting as well. Uncle Dave will not be returning to Elkhart for the memorial service for Linda this Saturday, but their daughter, Teresa is returning to make all the arrangements for her mom and now possibly for her brother. Please pray for this family. I can't imagine how they must feel. Gene came to my Dad's funeral in January. Uncle Dave must be devastated. I had considered going back, but now is not good timing, so I'll be staying put. All of the family has already called me and told me to stay put. No problem on this end. I don't' have the strength right now to travel alone that far. I'm sure next week will be better but it would be impossible right now.
On a lighter note, I'm feeling well enough to go out to dinner with my S.S. class tonight. We're having dinner at Mimi's Cafe at 6:30. I don't trust how I'll feel with the Ativan so I've already arranged for someone to take me. We'll have fun! It'll be good to get out. I just need to take a nap this afternoon.
Almost all of my hair is gone now. I never knew that I had red hair, but I do! It's very red! I also have lots of moles on my head, who knew? I still have enough hair that I can't quite make out the shape of my head yet, but I will soon.
Well, Shannon should be here in a few minutes so I need to finish getting ready.
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment