So many of you have emailed me and asked why I haven't blogged in such a long time and the truth of the matter is, that I couldn't blog. My brain was so scattered that I couldn't put my thoughts into words. Ever feel like that? It could have been the fact that I went back to cleaning one house a day and then trying to keep up with all the evening activites, there wasn't much left to me at the end of the day. But. . .I'm back.
I got my CAT scan results back yesterday a.m. and the oncologist told me that I"m "cured". I asked her to say it again, because I didn't even realize that that was an option. I thought the best scenario that I could hope for was remission. I thought that you had to go 2 years without the reoccurence of cancer before they could say you're cured. Apparently not! The oncologist told me that I don't do anything nornal, (does that surprise any of you who know me?), and that because I had had all of my surgery before starting chemo, if the CAT scan showed no cancer cells, then I'm cured. WOW!! What else is there to say? Yesterday I found out even more so how much of a miracle all of this is. No one had told me after my surgery, but apparently the 5 liters of fluid that they removed as well, contained something like grains of sand in it. My whole abdominal cavity was filled with these grains of sand, so. . . for the CAT scan to be completely clean seems almost impossible. God is so good!!
Now I try and figure out where God is leading me on my next journey. I'm not exactly sure where that is yet, but there's no doubt that He'll be going with me, He always does.
I'm feeling pretty good. The oncologist asked me what percentage I felt I was back to working with, and I told her 30-40%. She then asked me to give her an example of a typical day for me and when I finished she started laughing and told me that I was operating at a 70-80% level, but I told her that she had asked me what level "I" was working at and in comparison to what I was doing before June of this year, I'm only at a 30-40% level. She called me an "overachiever". We all laughed! You who know me, know that I DO cram a lot into my day, but if it wore me out, or made me feel exhausted at the end of the day, then I'd scale back, but that's never been the case. God provides all of my strength everyday to accomplish all that He has for me. You may call me an overachiever, I just say I love serving Him with my whole heart. I can't imagine living my life any other way.
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment