Just wanted to jot this down for future reference. . .I was disappointed that I wouldn't have any extra money to be able to sponsor a child from the angel tree this year at our church. I DID fix a box for Samaritan's purse but I opted out of the angel tree this year. I'm not buying presents for anyone this year, (finances just aren't there).I'm praying that I'll have enough to pay something toward my rent,(it looks real good in that dept.). I haven't paid any rent since July and James, the landlord has been so understanding. He was deeply concerned about my health so he let it slide. He was a customer of mine for the past two years, so we have a personal relationship as well as a business one. My rent was increased in June, because I remember seeing a letter when I got home from the hospital but I honestly don't know how much it is now. Whatever I pay him, will be fine. My goal is to be back to full capacity by the mid-to-end of January. I'm feeling very good right now. People keep telling me not to overdue, but I'm not sure what my energy level is at because I don't push myself as hard as I used to. I take each day as it is.
Back to why I'm blogging twice in one day. When I was walking over to the other side of the church tonight, I passed by the church library and there was a big bag ready to go out for the angel tree ministry. It was the last bag to be delivered and the people didn't want to let me take it, but I did a little bit of begging, so. . .tomorrow a.m. I'm making a "Santa" visit in Wake Forest. I'm so glad that God let me be used of Him. I talked to the mom tonight and she was so appreciative, (they always are!). I might not have been able to buy the gifts but at least I get to deliver them. Thanks God!! He always works things out in just the right way, don't you agree?
He even let me do some Christmas shopping without spending any of my own money. My friend, Cindy, and I got to shop for all of the tutoring kids this year, all 19 of them. We decided to buy everyone a game this year. Our budget was $10 a person and we were able to find each kid a game within our budget. The kids had a lot of fun opening them today. It's always fun watching kids open their gifts. Jerry, our minister in charge of the tutoring program, even had a gift for us leaders. I got a beautiful candle that has peppermints melted into the sides of it. It's very nice. I will think of the tutoring ministry everytime that I use it.
I still haven't heard from Katie so I'm not sure what the Christmas schedule is yet. I know that Shannon is joining me at church Christmas Eve for the service. Katie and Nick will probably be there also, who knows? Katie's a hard one to connect with.
Well, that's all for now. Not too bad. . .blogging twice in a one day. I wonder if that's a record?
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment