Wednesday, December 17, 2008

back to work. . .

Hey, this should be short, because like all of you, I have a life again. As much as I've tried to find another job, my home cleaning business is growing again. I'm not complaining, I absolutely love my job. I only wish I could make enough to be able to afford the taxes. Being self-employed and with no benefits, is costly! I'm so grateful though, that God has allowed me an income to be able to pay my bills. I started working again once I got past the last treatment. I worked 3 days the first week, 4 days the 2nd week, and now this week, I'm working 5 days and yesterday I cleaned two houses instead of just one a day. Today I interviewed for another new house that I'm cleaning next Tuesday and she wants me to come every other week. Before I got sick, I was cleaning 2-3 houses a day, depending on their size.

I don't have a lot of time to blog right now. I need to shower and then head out to tutoring from 4-5, dinner at church from 5-6:30 and then G.A.'s from 6:30-7:30. We have the choir Christmas party tonight, but I'm skipping it this year. It would be nice to see everyone but I don't want to wear myself out and I have a big house to clean in the a.m. and then Robin called and I'm babysitting the kids tomorrow night. It'll do me good to come home and rest up for the rest of the week.

I think Shannon and I are going to go and see the Christmas lights on Friday night, The Aids Care team tried to go Monday night, but it was rainy in Knightdale and foggy, so they cancelled the show that night. Hopefully we'll have better luck on Friday. If you haven't seen the show yet, google lake myra christmas lights and it will take you to their website. It's pretty cool!! The kids and I have been going for years. We found out about it through Katie's band director, Mr. Arnold, when she was in high school and we've been going every since.

Well, gotta go shower or I'm going to be late. The kids are going to be "wired" today. We're having our Christmas party for them today. We bought each kid a game. They'll love it and we're having special snacks today. Wish me luck. . .

No comments: