Thursday, September 11, 2008

why is it???

Hey Gang,
I just called Shannon to see if they had eaten all of the egg casserole that I made for them last week. The dish I baked it in is exactly the size that fits my toaster oven so I don't have to use the regular oven. She said they had and so now I have to run over to their place and get it so I can throw together the egg casserole and bake it tonight before I go to bed so I'll have it for this weekend and next week in case I don't feel like cooking. It's hard to believe that I'm having chemo treatment# 3 tomorrow. We're halfway through!!

I titled this post, "Why is it", because when I was trying to figure out what time I'd be getting to their apt., I mentioned going out to lunch with the girls, (they're both off today), and Shannon suggested that we go get bagels instead this a.m. I'm in the middle of baking brownies so I can't leave for another 45 minutes(which is why I'm blogging. I figure I only have 45 min. so how long can this blog be?) so every since she's mentioned the bagels, my mind won't stop thinking about them. Why is that?? I haven't had bagels from a bagel shop since I had the surgery in June. I love them!! Someone sent me 13 bagels from Panera (3 kinds of cream cheese included), when the church people were all trying to fix meals for me. I felt so bad. My freezer was full from other people's loving gestures, and there was no way that I could possibly eat 13 bagels, ( I thought about trying it, but decided against it), so I gave 5 bagels to friends, 4 to my neighbors, which still left me four, and believe me they were delicious!! Oh, phone's ringing, be right back. . .

Shannon just called. I find this amazing. Shannon called to say that Katie asked her to go out to Wake Tech now, and so breakfast has now been changed back to lunch. That's not what's amazing, what's amazing is that Shannon said that Katie was text messaging her from the her bedroom. when they live in the same apt. Why wouldn't she just open her bedroom door, walk across the living room, and talk to Shannon? I personally don't like receiving text messages, and I don't believe I've ever text messaged anyone. I find them annoying and would much rather hear a person's voice. When I was in the hospital, the girls added voice mail to my cell phone. I didn't even have voice mail, because I don't think it's necessary. I think we have here what's called a generation gap on my part. I just can't seem to get tech savvy yet.

I should share with you why the girls are going out to Wake Tech this a.m. Shannon called me yesterday and said that Wake Tech had contacted them and told them that they were receiving a scholarship for the Hotel/Restaurant Management Program that they're both in. She didn't know how much it was for, but apparently they give out 5 scholarships and both girls got one. I think that's super, but strange that both of them would receive it at the same time, God works in mysterious ways!

Oh, by the way, the concert we provided at church Saturday night was a blast!! It was so much fun! I'm hoping we'll do more concerts in the future and more often. Everybody had such a good time. We taught them some new songs and sang some of their favorites. It was so freeing. I don't know how else to describe it. The Holy Spirit was just free to speak to people without time constraints, programs, announcements, it was just voices being raised up in praise and worship to Him. I wish Sundays could be more like that. I think the new services will be. One can only hope. I went to Applebee's with Sheri Knight and her family afterwards, and it was nice. Thanks Sheri for inviting me, we definitely don't see enough of each other, so thanks!

On Sunday, it was Homecoming, 176 years!! What a testimony! Sometimes I wonder if the people who have prepared the way before us, would be pleased with all that we've done at New Hope, or would they feel like we dropped the ball along the way. We've had many "dramas" at New Hope which have caused many people to leave throughout the years. Whenever I question God about it, He reminds me that sometimes He has to sort out His church in order for His plans to continue, so . . .I figure who's there now, is who God is still using for His Kingdom work, and that He will always be bringing new people in, bringing some people home, and pulling some people to other places that need them more. You never know when God's going to move you and plant you someplace else, you just need to be willing to go. That's all He asks of any of us. Are you where you need to be, or is God telling you to let go of your plans, and walk in His?
Obedience to Him is everything. It's really all that He requires of us, and just look at what He gives us in return!! It blows my mind at times!

Well, 45 minutes are up, my brownies are calling my name. More another time. . .

No comments: