Hey Everybody,
Well, hurricane Hanna hit last night. I've been listening to it rain since about 1a.m. My ceiling is leaking in the living room a little bit, and it's still raining outside. The weather people are saying that it's going to rain until about 10a.m. We're being hit by the outer band of the hurricane and within the next couple of hours the middle of the storm should be over us. By noon the storm should be over and it's going to be about 83 degrees here today. Works for me! It's too wet outside for the outdoor cats to eat breakfast but by noon it should be ok. They're probably all underneath the house sleeping still. The winds are blowing about 25-30mph so they're asking people to stay in and I guess some trees are down and some people have lost their power but we're ok.
My cat, Skittles(the big, fat white one), has diarrhea. He's able to make it to the litter box, thank goodness, but he's had it for about 4 days now. I think it's getting better. A friend suggested I give him plain yogurt. I started giving him vanilla yogurt, but then she said, "No, it has to be plain, no flavoring!" Makes sense, it's just my "chemo brain" doesn't always register things now that are common sense. It can be frustrating at times to get things mixed up but it is what it is.
I think he's been eating this artificial flower arrangement that my Mom Morgan sent home with Alan. It's beautiful but anything plant-like and the cats will eat it! I had it sitting on the dining room table and I've noticed bits and pieces of flowers on the floor around the table area. Hopefully, I won't have to take him to the vet. We'll see. he's still acting normal and he's still drinking his water, so maybe we can dodge a bullet this time. Whenever he uses the litter box, I just grab him and wipe his rear end with a warm washcloth. I can't get it all, but I can get most of it. Poor baby!! If he'd just leave the flowers alone, but he won't. I've moved it and put it on top of the TV where he can't reach it anymore. It's worse than having to baby proof your house! Stupid cat!! Why can't he just eat bugs like other cats? No, he's sees a plant and it's lunch time.
He's not crazy about the non-flavored yogurt, but I put it on his treats and he can't resist. He's gotta have his treats! Again, stupid cat. He's not that smart, but Buttons, he's smart! He acts like he understands everything you say to him. He's always been like that. We were able to teach him to fetch straws when he was little and it's still his favorite game. He may be 17 years old, but show him a straw and he goes wild. He'll leap through the air, just to try and catch it. It's fun watching him. He eats some plants, but he hasn't touched the flower arrangement, but if it was a real flower arrangement, he'd chew all the leaves off of it and then knock the vase over trying to pull the stems out to chew on. He's no better than Skittles, he just is smart enough to know the difference between the real thing and fake. Smart cat vs. not so smart cat!
Shannon loves Buttons, she tolerates Skittles. I love both of them and wouldn't trade either one of them. Buttons loves to climb up your neck and lay across the back of it rubbing his face into your head and shoulders. Skittles loves to cuddle up on your chest area, suck his paw like a baby, and then he falls asleep up against your neck. He's a cuddle bunny. He's gotten a little bit better about giving you some space when you're trying to sleep, though. He will lay on the side of the bed snoring, (yes he snores and quite loudly, I might add),but then the girls tell me I snore. Didn't know that but people who snore don't know that they do, because they're sleeping, DUH!! It must not be too loud because nobody else has ever told me I snore. Alan never mentioned it while we were married, and he should know. Well, if I do, Skittles and I will just keep each other company. His snoring doesn't bother me, and my snoring must not bother him. What a pair we make!!
Well, I need to get things done around the house this a.m. before I need to leave this afternoon for practice. More later. . . May God be lifted up and glorified through the concert tonight. Pray for people who come who might not have a home church or who's heart may just be hurting and the songs could remind them of how much God loves them in spite of their circumstances. That's what tonight is all about. Praise and worship to Him. I love You, Lord!!
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment