I can't believe it's already May. I noticed that I blogged nothing in April. How does a whole month go by so quickly?? Today I woke up to a screaming cat fight. The end result was one kitten dead, (maybe two). The mother and father cat were both standing over the dead kitten. It was so sad. I don't know if the other one is alive or not. Time will tell. I don't know which cat in the neighborhood got to it, but it crushed its skull open. At 4:30 a.m. I was trying to get the kitten on the end of the shovel and into the trash bag. It's in my trash can for now, I'll bury it later. I may need to wait until tomorrow because I'm working until after 8p.m. today. Why is it that this blog is almost always about death in some form?
Mother's Day was yesterday. The girls wanted to meet for ice-cream in the afternoon. It made for a long day for me. I babysat until 1 Sunday a.m. and by time I gave the parents the "kid report", it was 1:45 before I got home. It was after 2 before I got into bed. Needless to say, 6a.m. came early. I made it through all the church stuff, stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch to go and Shannon calls to ask if I can meet earlier. They want to meet at 1:30 instead of 2:30, that means no nap because it's already noon. I eat my lunch, run by the mall and find some cute Capri's for work, and then they finally get to Cold Stone at 1:50. I was so tired!! I got home at 2:30 and crashed on the water bed until 5. My head was killing me because of all the storms that were coming in.
I will say that the girls did a great job with my present. When I first got married to their Dad, his Mom got me some perfume called Red Door. It was a very grown up fragrance and maybe that's why I liked it. It was almost like a rite of passage into womanhood. I never wore much perfume after I graduated from H.S. There was no need too. Charlie perfume was the closest I came to wearing anything, and that perfume was meant for teenagers, but I liked it. Red Door made me feel special. Years after my divorce, I went to price Red Door and it was very pricey. I didn't feel comfortable spending that kind of money so I let it go, but how I missed having it around. I wear body spray now. The girls know I like, "Wanna Play", a form of "Happy", by Clinique. They hate the name but the stuff smells so good with my chemistry. People always ask me what I'm wearing when I have it on. IT does smell good. All this to say. . .my darlings bought me a homemade shower gel concoction that smells like Red Door from Bath Junkie. It was the most thoughtful thing they've done in quite some time. I love it!!!! Thanks girls!
Today Katie and Nick leave for Washington, D.C. for a few days. The weather is going to stink there, rain all day and winds 25-40mph. They may have a little trouble driving today in all that wind but the rest of the week looked ok. I'll bet you Shannon is looking forward to having the whole apt. to herself for the next few days. I know I would. I can't believe I'm blogging so early today. It's not even 6 a.m. yet, what am I thinking?? I SHOULD be in my nice warm bed sleeping. I don't have to be to work today until 10a.m., but I can't get the picture of that little kitten out of my head. Again. . .what a way to begin a day. Hopefully today will get better as the hours pass along. We'll see. . .
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment