Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm back. . .

Hey gang,
What's going on in your life? I just got back from Indiana. It was great seeing all the family again so soon. Everybody's really busy, but we managed to squeeze in some family time together. I arrived Friday night at 6:15. Betty was downstairs vacuuming the basement. This year the basement has decided to leak. What a mess!! Her sons came last weekend and pulled out all the wet carpet, and now Betty has to vacuum every 2-3 hours to keep the water up off of the floor. It seeps in all around the edges. We're not sure if the water is running down from the walls outside, or if the insulation underneath the paneling is just moist with condensation. We need to pull the paneling off and see how wet the insulation is. Craig, her son went up on the roof and sealed around the chimney area and her other son, Sean, cleaned out the gutters and put extenders on the downspouts so that the water is moved away from the house. I guess everyone there is having problems this year with water. They've had so much snow and rain, it makes sense.
We had Friday evening all to ourselves. It was a nice time to chat and catch up on everything. Saturday, her sons were there all day and she showed me more pictures she found. I took the originals to Walmart and had copies made. I now have a few pictures of my mom when she was about 3-4 yrs. old. I'd never seen them before. What a treat!! I've got them in an album already. Maybe the girls will enjoy seeing them someday.
Saturday night we were alone again, so we enjoyed each other's company.
On Sunday we went to church, drove to Warsaw and had dinner with Kim, Greg, Caroline, and Darrin. Kim is fostering a chocolate Lab, named Emma. They're installing a fence this week, so I'm thinking she's going to keep her. The grand total at the LeBarrons home now is 6 cats and two dogs. Meemers is 19 yrs. old and only weighs about 10 lbs. He's old and dying but still hanging in there. All of his hair is falling out and he got ringworm from some kittens that Kim had taken in, and he's slowly recovering from that. He looks pretty bad, but he still has quite the personality. Kim said it won't be long and she'll have to put him to sleep, but as long as he's eating, drinking, and using the litter box, he stays! It was good to see him. I came home and found out that Skittles has tapeworms. I went to the vet and got worm medicine today. In two weeks I'll deworm him again. He gets them because he gets fleas every now and then and then he eats them, the flea eggs hatch inside his stomach, the worms grow and then unless I deworm him, the worms will begin eating his food, and eventually he'll lose a lot of weight. No offense Skittles, but you could stand to lose a little weight, but not that way!! He's pretty good about taking his pill. I open it up and and dump it into his regular food. He doesn't seem to mind the taste. I'm not sure why Buttons never gets tapeworms, but he doesn't.
On Sunday night we had Fred, Holly, Haley, Chelsea and their friend over for some Stouffer's Lasagna. It was delicious!! Fred was so funny!! He had a great big tear in his bluejeans right near his front crotch area. Apparently he was trying to rake up the yard before he came over for dinner, and Holly has this stick in the yard that has a fairly sharp arrow head on top of it. Fred's pants got caught on the tip of the stick and almost shitzkabobbed him. He couldn't get his pants off of the tip of the stick so he leaned back and that's when he ripped his jeans. When he was telling Holly and us what happened, Betty and I laughed so hard, we were crying. It was hysterical listening to his descriptions of the events leading up to the ripped jeans. He's always been a good story teller!! He borrowed a pair of my Dad's old jeans until he could get home and change into some pants that did a beter job of covering his parts. HA! HA!
Well, I've got to run to choir tonight. I'm glad its Easter weekend. I'm off on Monday.
More later. . .

No comments: