Hey Guys,
I've been so busy lately that I really haven't had time to do anything else but work. It's been crazy trying to catch up with everyone and now I'm heading back to Indiana this Friday,(weather permitting), and I have to juggle everyone all over again. My Dad's birthday is on March 16th and when I left the family in Feb., I promised I'd be back over that weekend. Everyone's excited about seeing everyone again so soon. Usually it would take 6 months to a year to work it out, but not this time. My goal this year is to try and travel back to Indiana over the holiday weekends. Usually I stay here but I don't really celebrate anything because all the kids work in retail of sorts, so they can't get together, or they choose not to, I'm not sure which is the truth. So I won't travel over Easter because I will just be getting back, but I'll try and go over Memorial Day weekend. There are several drawbacks to my plans though; the traffic will be heavier and the price of gasoline at over $3 a gallon. I don't know if my sanity or my pocketbook will empty out first. Time will tell.
I have a new opportunity to share with everyone. My church is offering Angelfood ministries beginning in March. You can $60 worth of groceries for $30. Now that's a good deal plus you don't have to spend time in the grocery store shopping. Just bring a box with you and we'll load your box for you and even put it in your car, if you'd like. It doesn't get any better than that!! Even I'm going to participate. I would love not having to do the "grocery" thing each weekend. The amount of food will last me about a month, and a family of four, about a week or more. Not bad, not bad at all!
We have a new interim music minister at church. I don't like to complain about other people, because I believe everyone tries to do their best at whatever they do, but this guy is not for me!! He sings every song the same way. He took a beautiful Pepper Choplin song that Pepper himself taught us to sing for his Dad's funeral, and butchered it. Every song is sung slowly and without any regard to tempo. He said he doesn't care about the musical quality but it's all about the words. Call me nuts, but I'm thinking that Pepper wrote his song with both the musical style and the words being of equal importance. Their are some songs like this one that the tempo is so important. Oh well. . .what do I know, I'm just a lay person. We're voting on him this Wed. and he'll be our new interim music minister. I may just have a walk away from choir for a little while.
Last night I was at church again, (surprise, surprise)! The boys and girls were racing their pine derby cars that they made themselves. The boys have been doing this for years, (Brian, the youth minister did it when he was a little tike), but this year they invited the youth group and the girls. The youth declined but we girls took on the challenge. There were 9 boys and 17 girls racing. The boys raced the boys, and the girls raced the girls. After the real competition the boys and girls could race each other. It was a lot of fun watching them compete. Justin, Brian's son took first place like he did last year, and Tiffany took first place for the girls. We'll do it again next year. The kids draw their own design on the block of wood, another man in the church cuts it out for them. they sand it, paint it themselves and then other men drill the holes for the wheels, put the wheels on, and then shellac them for the kids. Some kids do their own work as much as possible, and then other kids let their parents do the work. The Dad 's last night were for the most part, the real designers of their kids cars. Maybe we should have a parents night of racing, what do you think?? Still, all and all, it was a lot of fun!!
Today I'm back at the church at 10 a.m. getting ready for the spaghetti luncheon tomorrow. We'll feed about 275-300 people. My job this year is working in the take out room for both services. The first 15-20 minutes I'll be running like crazy but after that I'm not sure what I"ll be doing. I'm sure Alma will have something that needs to be done. Tomorrow will be an extremely long day. I have impromptu first service, (warmup at 7:30), S.S. and then the luncheon from 11-2 with cleanup afterwards until about 3-3:30. Plus if that's not enough on my platter, the time changes so I lose an hour before I even begin. Oh brother!!!! My only saving grace, is I have nothing planned in the evening and I have a light work day on Monday.
I can't think of anything else going on around here. . . more later. When I look at other people's blogs, their's are never this long. Mine tend to be a little long. (YOU THINK). I've never been at a loss for words, though, so it all makes sense. My kids tell me I could hold a conversation with a wall, and they're right. Hopefully my blog doesn't put anyone to sleep, but I figure I really don't blog for others, I blog for me, so what's really too long, you know??
What Direction
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment