Thursday, January 24, 2008

what happened. . .?

How can things change so quickly? It's Thursday Jan.24th. My Dad died yesterday at 4:45p.m. All the family was there but me. He died very peacefully. He didn't struggle at all, he just stopped breathing. I was supposed to leave this a.m. but I wouldn't have gotten out of Raleigh until about 9a.m. and the traffice was horrible. It was snowing all day all the way back to Indiana, so Betty called me on my cell phone and told me to wait and leave tomorrow a.m. instead. She said she'd be fine. I'm ok today but part of me is "crashing". I'm so sleepy and that's not like me. I think I'm exhausted and just don't realize it yet. I'll leave tomorrow at 6a.m. and get into Elkhart about 7p.m. The weather should be more cooperative. I would write about my Dad today, but I can't. The only thing I can say and feel about him today is that he was my favorite person on Earth, and he always will be. No one else will ever compare to him. I miss him so much already. . .more another day. . .

No comments: