skip to main |
skip to sidebar
another day. . .
It's another day in my life. A friend called me Thursday night and asked me if I would mind leading the devotions for the parents during halftime at the Upward Basketball on Saturday. I thought and thought about what I could possibly have to say that would make a difference to them. All I could think of is that someday I would stand before God and He would ask me what I did with the opportunities that He had given me to share His good news with others. That lead me to "Romans Road". It's a kind of cheat sheet that I carry in my Bible all the time in case I'm ever asked to share with someone about Christ and what He means in my life. Most of the scripture is taken from the book of Romans which is how it got its name. I got up Saturday a.m. and started looking through my daily devotion books lying around the house. I read some out of "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby, and I read some out of "Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life"by Charles Swindoll, and I decided to use one out of Chuck Swindoll's book. But when I went in to take a shower God made it pretty clear to me that I was supposed to use my own stuff, so I worked on "Romans Road". A funny thing happened before I left to go to Upward Basketball. There was a knock on my door. A lady with her granddaughter had stopped by to share their pamphlets with me. She was from Jehovah Witness. It was probably 25-30 degrees outside, but there they were. It's funny that they call themselves Jehovah Witnesses because they don't really know Jehovah at all. They are so close, yet so far from the truth. They sound believable, but they don't know the truth. I KNOW the truth and God lovingly reminded me that in knowing the truth there comes a responsibility to share the Good News with others. . .so I went to Upward Basketball and shared with them about God's love for them and who Jehovah really is. I don't know if anyone that heard me made a decision for Christ today, but I'm not responsible for what they heard, I'm only responsible to share what I know. The rest is up to them and the Holy Spirit. Who knows how many seeds were planted today or maybe that someday I get to heaven and someone will be there who heard God speak to them today and they will spend eternity with me and God in heaven. What a thought!!
No comments:
Post a Comment