Saturday, December 29, 2007

just God working in my life again. . .

Just something to share with anyone who might read this blog someday. God sometimes works in mysterious ways. I wrote in my journal last night how my life needed to change in 2008. I have so many good things that are a part of my life but there seems to be too much imbalance going on. I'm so busy doing all this great stuff that I seldom am able to enjoy each event without having to think about what's coming up next and how I'm possibly going to fit it all in. I told my neighbors Steve and Allison about this today and they said they were thinking the same thing. They invited me to go with them out to their friends, Jack and Lynn's house tonight for some great food and fellowship. Steve and Allison were married at their house a few years ago. It's a huge, beautiful home out in Johnson Co. Lynn decorated every room with Christmas trees and snowmen, (my favorite). It was absolutely gorgeous!! I usually wouldn't go to someone else's house that I didn't know, but God told me I needed to step out of my comfort zone and go and enjoy myself, so I went. The food was great, and I had a real good time. Then tonight when I got back home and was reading this Christmas fictional story, this is what it said. . ."take therefore no thought of tomorrow, for tomorrow shall take thought for the things of itself" That's taken from Matt. 6:34. It's like God is reminding me that He's in control and that I'm not supposed to worry about tomorrow but just enjoy living everyday in and of itself.
I worry sometimes about my job because when April comes I still don't know how I'm going to pay for this years taxes. Last years taxes ended up being put on my credit card, but I don't have that much credit available to do that again for the 2007 taxes so I don't know what I'm supposed to do. God just keeps telling me to stop worrying and just live day to day. It's so hard for me to do that. I know He knows what's best and He's already gotten it all figured out how my life is going to be lived out. . .but it would be nice is He'd give me a clue.
I see my job more of a ministry than a job, really. Especially all the elderly people that I clean for. If I didn't help them, who would? Not everybody is cut out to clean homes, but I really enjoy fixing things up and making things clean and shiny. I've always been that way. People just feel better when things are clean and organized. My job makes me feel good and it's a great way to stay in shape and keep the stress level down.
Hopefully as I blog more and more, my writing will reveal how much God does in my life on a daily basis. Sometimes we get so busy, we don't see His hand working in our lives, even though He is.

No comments: