Yesterday, I went to go and renew my driver's license. I had gotten a notice about the renewal of my license in Oct. They informed me that I needed to get it renewed early because they were no longer giving you your license that day, but rather I would be receiving it in the mail about 20 days later. Are they kidding? You're putting my ID in the mail?? Does that seem safe to them??
I went to the DMV yesterday and I didn't have a long wait at all. I picked up one of the review sheets on the signs and was looking it over while I waited to be called. It's probably a good thing that I did this because with my "chemo brain", it's easy to get things confused. I noticed yesterday when I was trying to read the signs back to the lady, my brain was saying one thing, but my mouth was saying something else. She DID pass me, but I DID struggle trying to get my brain and mouth to cooperate. She was very patient, I'll give her that.
Now. . .those of you who know me, know that I wear glasses. I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old. I've had my picture taken for years through the DMV and I of course, have a restriciton on my license that says that I have to wear my glasses or contacts,(I don't wear contacts), when I'm driving. No problem!! This was the first time that I've been asked to remove my glasses. WHAT?? I told the man that I wear them all the time, but he said they were creating a "glare" and that he needed me to take them off. Does he not know how to take a picture? So. . . now I have a new drivers license that will last for 8 years, I'm not wearing glasses, and it's possible that my wig may not look anything like my real hair when it finishes coming in! I guess if I have to show my photo ID, I'll have to say, "yes, that's me. Wait, I'll take my glasses off so that you can really tell it's me." How stupid has our government become?? My ID doesn't look like me at all. It's a very close-up picture. I'm pretty sure that if you look closely, you might be able to see a few nose hairs if I had any left. Give me a break!!
Well . . .that was my day yesterday. I guess the only good thing that I can day about the DMV thing is that they haven't switched over to mailing out the licenses yet, so I did get mine yesterday. I wonder what today will bring. I'm off to work this a.m. and then home for a nap, then tutoring. . .etc. It's Wednesday, need I say more?
What Direction
11 years ago



1 comment:
the way they do licenses' now really does make it have a glare, it's not just that guy. everybody has to take them off.
about your hair... i obviously don't have anywhere close to the same hair now, so it's not that big of a deal.
i'm not a big fan of it being good for 8 years.
Post a Comment